Proud of the Past – Focussed on the Future
1853 – 2021 : Over 165 Years to Celebrate
Mount St Mary’s is a voluntary aided Catholic high school for boys and girls aged 11-16 and stands on Richmond Hill, overlooking the regeneration of the city centre. Opened in 1853 as a convent and orphanage, we are part of the rich tradition of Catholic teaching in Leeds.
2013 marked our 160th anniversary and with the completion of renovation and restoration, we believe we are moving into a new phase in our proud history. We provide a wealth of top class facilities to give students the very best environment in which to learn.
Our Mission Statement for the Future: